[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:51:18 CET 2017

weirdly enough, courier in mac os looks exactly like dejavu sans on
windows... see attachment.

I dont think this is a fonts issue, seems like a pd vanilla issue, cause,
like I've shown, extended in windows with dejavu sans looks "better",
actually looks just like Monaco in Mac OS, and also the same as Purr Data.
More importantly, it looks much bettern than in vanilla in windows with the
same font...

And now vanilla on a mac with courier looks all crazy and different than in
windows... I just suspect vanilla is not handling stuff well, but I'm too
ignorant on the subject to discuss it or take a real guess. I'm just trying
to point the issue.

cheers