[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 08:45:25 CET 2017

Good to know the reasoning why the pixel fiddling stuff didn’t make it over with the guy update into vanilla.

I’m seeing the padding issue with the object boxes when rendered in high dpi on OSX and now I know what it is.

I do agree with Alexandre that using the same font on all platforms would help in regards to layout in patches between OSs.

> On Feb 12, 2017, at 12:20 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> For some fonts/font sizes the best fit will inevitably leave some extra space at the
> right of the box inside the border.  But that space is visually required to keep
> users from placing two boxes so close together that they overlap on a platform
> that renders the same font slightly wider.
>
> Otherwise you get users caught up in a vicious cycle of breaking/fixing each
> other's object spacing in patches.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>