[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:33:29 CET 2017

I`m changing the thread back here as this is not “DejaVu Font: Shipping & using on W32 ”

>Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

>howdy, I'll insist here as well, again, I like that we're looking in to how to install the same fonts for all platforms, but I'm really concerned about patches not looking the same in vanilla and in Extended/Purr Data.

>what are the challenges in making it not only work well in cross platforms, but also in this different pd flavors?

We can leave out “Extended”, and we can ask Jonathan to make Purr-Data look as Vanilla.

Or in other words, lets forget about extended look cuz there was a special gui rewrite/gui port that is not used anymore.

I think this is the easiest way to get that challenge.

But is just an opinion.