[PD] Purr Data released!

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:23:25 CET 2017

>> in getting gavl/gmerlin to compile, as there were not ready-made
homebrew packages.

i did make some once that i remember working (but could be wrong)... they
might need modifying:
https://github.com/megrimm/homebrew-pd

though i agree with johannes here:
"so if you have spare manpower, it would be more appreciated if that was
spent in getting the next Gem release out, rather than "making some
progress in getting recent versions to compile"."

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Matt Barber <brbrofsvl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did get Gem to compile without quicktime support with few difficulties.
> Most of the effort was actually in getting gavl/gmerlin to compile, as
> there were not ready-made homebrew packages.
>
> Jonathan, when I get some time I'll send you some instructions and patches
> directly.
>

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <
> pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

>>  Unfortunately not in OSX atm
>>

>> > so, if not now, any estimate when? and what is the problem for now?
>> just curious...
>>
>> It's a large complex library that takes a long time to compile, and there
>> wasn't
>> pre-existing infrastructure in the pd-extended build scripts to build it
>> on OSX as
>> a 64-bit target.
>>
>> I believe Matt Barber made some progress getting a recent version to
>> compile.
>>
>> -Jonathan

m.e.grimm, m.f.a, ed.m.
syracuse u., tc3