[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 15 17:19:56 CET 2017

I could be wrong but I believe that when you ask for a negative font size
that inhibits scaling... so the line in pd-gui.tcl:

set foo [list $::font_family -$fsize bold]

is asking for pixel-deterministic font sizes.

I think that TCL/TK 8.6 is in fact misrepresenting the true font size by 1
pixel.  What I don't know is whether to throw in a workaround (test for
TCL version and adjust ifit's 8.6???) or to try to dig up the problem in
tcl/tk itself...

cheers
Miller