[PD] Pd Metrics on Xubuntu 16 04 02 LTS

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:15:40 CET 2017

On Mit, 2017-02-15 at 21:56 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mit, 2017-02-15 at 10:16 -0700, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> >

> > I went ahead and created a wiki page: https://github.com/pure-data/
> > pu
> > re-data/wiki/Crossplatform-font-metrics-&-comparisons
> >
> > You can post pictures there and write in Markdown. It should be
> > publicly editable.
> Thanks for creating the page. I added  screenshots of t-metrics.pd
> for
> Ubuntu 16.04.

Added t-metrics.pd screenshots for Windows 10. Boxes sizes are
consistent through all tests, it seems.

I remember that I went nuts last time when I tried to fiddle with font
metrics trying to get consistent box sizes between Windows and Ubuntu.
I only realize now that I wasn't using the same font on both sides.
DUH!! Things are a bit easier once the same font is used.

Is there the slightest chance of Pd on Windows using DejaVu without the
user having to install it first?

Roman