[PD] Question about loadbang and dynamic sub-patches

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Thu Feb 16 18:52:14 CET 2017

[loadbang] doesn't fire in dynamically created patches.
The easiest workaround: use [iemguts/initbang].

Christof

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017 um 17:18 Uhr
Von: David <dfkettle at gmail.com>
An: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
Betreff: [PD] Question about loadbang and dynamic sub-patches

Hi!

I have a question about the expected behaviour of loadbang when it's used in a sub-patch that's built dynamically. It appears that it isn't getting triggered. I've attached a simplified example.

Should it get triggered? Does anyone know of a workaround for this? In other words, something that's functionally equivalent? I want certain events to happen once when I build a sub-patch dynamically, to initialize some objects. I guess I could use creation arguments to do that, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Thanks,
David.