[PD] Visualising HTML page in Purr-data

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 16 23:07:22 CET 2017

Hi,
great that purr-data is finally out.

I went back to this thread
https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg10518.html which briefly touched on the topic of visualizing HTML pages inside purr data, but did not find the solution to my problem.

Using <iframe> seems to load local files just fine, but it does not load remote files: any src="http://website" attribute will display "localhost" and any src="http://website/pagenNotOnLocalhost" will give me a 404.

I then tried to use <webview>, which seems like it is the correct way of handling these things in nw :
http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/References/webview%20Tag/
This only creates an empty block object in the page, but devtools give no error/warning about its content not being loaded.

Incidentally, is this the right list to discuss about purr-data or should I do this elsewhere?

Thanks,
Giulio