[PD] Visualising HTML page in Purr-data

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 23:49:42 CET 2017

https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg10518.html which briefly touched on the topic of visualizing HTML pages inside purr data, but did not find the solution to my problem.

> Using <iframe> seems to load local files just fine, but it does not load remote files: any src="http://website" attribute will display "localhost" and any src="http://website/pagenNotOnLocalhost" will give me a 404.

There's a setting you have to remove in the package.json file:  "chromium-args": "--proxy-server=http://127.0.0.1",

I put that there because currently any network functionality happens from
the Pd process.  The GUI only makes a tcp connection to the Pd process and
that's it.
If you remove that line then you'll be able to make network requests from the
GUI.  Also, Chromium will make whatever connections it thinks it needs to fetch
whitelists and whatever else it does to try to keep your machine from becoming
a solider in somebody's botnet.
-Jonathan