[PD] deken and windows

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 17 10:34:45 CET 2017

On 02/17/2017 05:55 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>> next time deken should offer you that dir.
>
> but it doesn't! So i got a bug here I guess...

pretty sure you didn't.

> it is asking me to install
> in this folder, which seems to be the global folder as specified in your
> link, but that doesn't work anymore...

deken tries to find an existing path that is automatically searched for
by Pd.
on W32, this includes %AppData%\Pd and PDPATH\extra\ (with PDPATH being
the install path of the currently running Pd, in your case
%ProgramFiles%\Pd).

what deken does *not* do, is to automatically create any of the standard
search paths for you (in case they don't exist).
this has been discussed at great lengths on this very list, and i don't
think that this will change.

it seems that none of the stdpaths exist on your system (apart from
PDPATH\extra\, which is not writable; it is not writeable because of
your system's policy, not because of Pd).

oh, and Pd does remembers your decision during the runtime of the
process (it doesn't remember it across restarts)

gfasdmr
IOhannes