[PD] (wip) Preferences file.

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 16:49:25 CET 2017

#yiv2808832499 #yiv2808832499 -- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv2>>What problem does that solve which a simple format doesn't solve?

> I don't know.
> I`m putting something on the table, in case a simple file format not feet our cross-platforms needs.
> How do we know if a simple file format is all we need?
Because keys, values, and key/value pairs in the Pd preferences are themselves
simple:
keys: ascii string containing no spaces
values: number, numbers separated by whitespace, ascii string with no
whitespace, and file paths.
Finally, the key/value pairs in Pd preferences are simple enough that there isn't a
need to nest key/value pairs inside other key/value pairs.

You would spend more time figuring out how to parse the XML tags in
C than you would parsing the actual data contained in them.
-Jonathan