[PD] (wip) Preferences file.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:08:47 CET 2017

>What are the practical problems with using the current

format for the Pd preferences file under Linux?

I don't know, I'm a windows user, and think that the linux .pdsettings will be a better substitute for the actual windows method of writing in the registry. And think that it should live on the pd/bin dir & not in a user dir. to disallow sharing prefs. on multiple installations. (Pd, Purr-Data, PsVST)

If is needed to hold different fonts-metrics there could be a separete file just for that, or it can be stored in the actual file format.

fm1: 5 11
fm2: 6 13
fm3: 7 16
fm4: 10 19