[PD] (wip) Preferences file.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:56:55 CET 2017

Well the modifided tcl AFAWCT gives uniform patch rendering on all OS with the same font.

Also this tweek is compatible with Purr-Data.

It came from a long discussion we had with Alex, he was mad cuz his help-patches done on OSX were bad on linux & windows.

We concluded that:

Each OS was using a different font: dejavu:linux, monaco:macOS, courier:windows.

So we started testing all on DejaVU and we still got his help-patches bad.

Then we use extended metrics and “All solved”.

Obscure why vanilla:monaco:osx fits for vanilla:dejavu:linux:mod.tcl

But anyway this tcl mod renders perfectly patches that were done with extended, or with Purr-Data.

GOP needs testing, but surely vanilla will behave as if it was extended.

Only changes are :
@ pd-gui.tcl line 127 you will find the Pd vanilla font metrics

The actual real pixel dimensions of the font are none of our business and irrelevant cuz patches render the same or really close on all OS.