[PD] Pd + ASIO

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:57:45 CET 2017

>> Pd controls my blocksize (ASIO buffer).

>Interesting. And your soundcard can't handle multiple streams, like playing sound from two or more instances of Pd, right? I'm curious.

Thats right, only one app (not necessary Pd) can access the soundcard via ASIO.

Just for testing:

Install asio4all and use it (if possible) with your built-in soundcard.

You will see Pd controls the asio4all buffer.
You can move the slider but is useless, along the line of that slider there's a zone with a different color. That`s what is controled/set & used by Pd. Iirc.

It could be that your trouble is related to that Focusrite has a different implementation on this.

Does other ASIO software can control your focusrite?