[PD] Pd-Vanilla & OSC Bundle

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:41:48 CET 2017

On Mit, 2017-02-22 at 09:26 +0100, Jérôme Abel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I succeed in sending UDP messages to an ESP8266 (Wifi Module with
> Arduino IDE) with Pd-Vanilla [netsend -u]. But if I would like to
> send
> OSC messages, I have to use [ [, sendtyped /led i $1, ] < message
> with
> [packOSC] --- [udpsend].
>
> The OSC library in Arduino receive "Bundle" messages so I wonder how
> send this kind of messages in Pd-Vanilla and [oscformat].

I think you can't. From the help of [oscparse]:

"oscparse and oscformat make no attempt to deal with timetags or
aggregates of packets, nor with streaming OSC."

Roman

P.S. It's a funny help file anyway:
"OSC is a complicated networking protocol" - No, it's not. It's rather
a transport agnostic protocol.
"(FUDI, as used in netsend/netreceive is simpler and better but less
widely used)." - I totally agree ;-)