[PD] Proper method of package removal from pd.info/Deken server?

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:46:34 CET 2017

On Feb 22, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> a) this *is* the proper way to remove things. (there just seems to be a
> bug in the deken-server that it didn't update the search-results)

Looks like it's gone now as hoped.

> b) i'm totally unconvinced that you should remove packages at all (apart
> from packages that you only uploaded in order to test deken).
> i think it is a disservice to your users to remove old versions of
> packages (even if they are outdated/buggy/...)

I am a bit wary of having millions of version of say, Cyclone, up on
Deken, especially alpha versions, but I suppose that can be remedied by
a more conservative approach to releasing/versioning so there SHOULDN'T
be millions of alphas in the first place, which I suppose would be a
sane approach to developing anyways. Anyways, I was just testing out
Deken so I wanted it to go. I'll put it back up eventually once I do stuff
like actual documentation...

> go to folder view ("contents"), select the files you want to move (via
> the checkboxes), click on the [Cut] button; navigate to the target
> folder and click the [Paste] button.
> if you only want to move a single file, the menu will offer a [cut] (and
> [paste]) option in the "Actions" dropdown.

Thanks, managed to move Cyclone into proper subfolders and downloading
from Deken still works.

Derek

--
Derek Kwan