[PD] soundfiler alternative?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:53:41 CET 2017

Just a couple of thoughts:

If you don't need to load too many files you can have them preloaded on some subpatch.

If they are many and constantly changing you can try using a portion of your RAM as a virtual HDD, this overrides all fiscal bottleneck of disk IO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM_drive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAM_drive_software

On Windows I used “ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver”

http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/