[PD] libpd, Android, and Unity3D - any recent data?

Ali Momeni batchku at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:38:00 CET 2017

Hello all, hello scott,

My apologies for being silent on this thread, I missed the original message.

I asked a similar question a few months back on this list and got a few
pointers, and then spent a few days digging really deep into it.

The Kalimba  and UnityLibpd solutions that you've found are ok.  UnityLibpd
(https://github.com/Wilsonwaterfish/UnityLibpd) and LibPd4Unity (
https://github.com/patricksebastien/libpd4unity) definitely worked better
for me than Kalimba which seemed to be less uptodate.  The other solution
that hasn't been mentioned but definitely merits attention is
https://enzienaudio.com/, formerly known as heavytools.    In my view, this
is by far the most powerful cross compilation/integration tool out there
for getting Puredata embedded into other environments.  Specifically, you
upload a pd patch to their site, and it generates for you a number of very
interesting things, including native Unity libraries and code for running
your pd patch (including builds for mobile), as well as embeddable
javascript and a bunch of other stuff.  IMHO, pretty amazing work.

If you decide to go down the libpd4unity route, i put together a working
starter-project in unity that may be useful for you to get going:
https://github.com/cmuartfab/libpd4unity-starter

Looking forward to hearing more about what you're doing with unity and pd;
there are at least 7 or 8 of us in the world that care about this
combination :)

-ali