[PD] Click Removal & Noise suppression

Nicolas Montgermont list at nimon.org
Tue Feb 28 11:20:46 CET 2017

Hello list,

I'd like to implement click removal and noise suppression techniques for
a specific signal I have that is full of:
- loud clicks, but very regular in time and short (2ms)
- 50 Hz noise with harmonics. This one has two spectral patterns
switching to one or the other during time.

For the clicks, I tried median filtering, but it's not working well.
I tried to work with audacity on a recorded extract, and I have pretty
good results with their click suppression and noise removal algorithms.
So I was thinking of implementing them in Pd, but before I do that I was
wondering if some of you have already implemented some of these
techniques, or of you have any advices?

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/src/effects/ClickRemoval.cpp
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/src/effects/NoiseRemoval.cpp

Best,