[PD] Linux Global folder for externals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 1 16:04:11 CET 2017

On 2017-03-01 15:36, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> The Global folder for installing externals is: /usr/local/lib/pd-externals

it's the global folder for locally installed externals (as opposed to
system-installed externals).

> compiled a new version myself... BUT... I can't find this so called folder.
> Is this really the global folder?

yes

> Do I have to create it myself always?

yes.

fix your makefile to install into that folder on linux (and *please*
make it overridable). the Makefile.pdlibbuilder already does that for your.
so you only have to run `make install` with the proper permissions.
(and before you ask: yes, it is a *feature* that you are required to
show supercow powers if you want to throws things into the faces of all
users on the system)

gmasdr
IOhannes