[PD] how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:03:51 CET 2017

> thanks for bringing this to up.
> i've removed the offending line and updated the "User-specific" part of
> the linux section.
>
> but of course the page needs even more love.

I got all my love to give... let's work on this then
https://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files?portal_status_message=Your+changes+have+been+saved
.

So... how about "application specific" folder (the "extra" folder)? I think
that's important to include. It's what I prefer anyway... I had included it
but you removed, can I put back? If not, how come?

for windows, you have

   - %AppData%\Pd will be something like C:\Documents and
   Settings\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Pd

But seems wrong, I have here ob my machine:
*C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Pd*

Now, a question... about

User-specific~/.local/lib/pd/extra (since Pd-0.47-1, *preferred*)User-specific
(deprecated)~/pd-externals (older Pd-versions; still usable)

why is this new form preferred?

cheers