[PD] Different versions of iemguts library in Deken

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:13:19 CET 2017

On Don, 2017-03-02 at 09:25 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2017-03-02 03:49, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> >
> > but I think it would make much more sense to put these libraries
> > there with
> > their actual version number.
> thank you for volunteering in finding out the actual version numbers
> of
> ~100 libraries.
>
> i will happily rename the existing libraries, just send me a
> computer-parsable file with the librarynames (as found in deken) and
> their actual version numbers.

Please don't. I'm happy that you went through the trouble to port
all(most?) of Pd-extended to Deken to make the transition for Pd-
extended users easier. But I thought those are meant to be transitional
packages that don't receive any further maintenance. I think it would
be confusing to have proper version numbers in both, the transitional
packages and the actively maintained ones, since the Pd-extended
packages might not only differ in version but also in packaging format
(one-file-per-object libraries vs. multi-object-single-file libraries).

Roman