[PD] libpd - Multiple instances of Pd

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 2 19:46:01 CET 2017

Hi,

I was wondering if this is still a wanted feature and if anyone did some further work on this beyond what is here
https://github.com/libpd/libpd/blob/master/samples/c/pdtest_multi/pdtest_multi.c

I peeked through the Pd Vanilla (0.46) source code last night, and I am under the impression that in order to allow more instances to coexist in a thread-safe way, all it takes is for each instance to have its own copy of "t_pdinstance *pd_this"  and for all the calls that currently use the global pd_this to take an additional argument "
t_pdinstance *pd_that".
But I also think that if it was that easy, someone else would have tried already.
So, before I dig into it just to hit a well known limitation, does anyone want to share their experience?

Thanks,
Giulio