[PD] how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:43:31 CET 2017

> there is it will suggest to install there.
> if that folder does not exist (or is not writable), it will try
> ~/pd-externals.
> and so on.

so, the order deken searches seem to be: user-specific, global,
application-specific

since the suer/global folders aren't created (anymore), application is
usually the first and only option. Now, in windows, that folder is not
writeable... so deken cannot offer anything that'll work right away.

But the thing is that it prompts you for downloading to this folder which
is not writeable anyway... even though it will fail.

So I wonder and ask if it really skips an option if the folder is not
writeable.

cheers