[PD] versions of libraries from extended in deken (was Different versions of iemguts library in Deken)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 17:39:41 CET 2017

> please keep the clarity of 0.0-extended version name.

Hi, I got your message separate from the others and missed it for a while,
in another thread, I'm responding here so it's in the same thread for me...

Can you explain what you think is "clear" about the '0.0-extended' version
name? I had some considerations as to how it's actually unclear (which I
won't repeat yet again), so I wonder how does it work for you and how maybe
we can find a solution that makes everyone happy.

I actually had proposed something else in another thread, I said it could
still have the "extended" flag appended to the version. Would that work for
you? I can actually see how a flag that explicitly tells you it's from
extended might be desired for some people - I could go even further and
suggest something like "pd-extended-0.43.4" as the appendment.

 but IOhannes did question that idea, let me quote:

> On 03/02/2017 06:37 PM,

what's the point of adding "pd-extended" when you have a proper version
> anyhow?

I said I was fine either way, and that I was just trying to meet in the
middle with people that might want an explicit pd-extended label on the
library

cheers