[PD] how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 22:19:17 CET 2017

> No, you just need to put it into a search path of Pd. If your goal is
> to test whether the most recent change works (creation of the user
> specific folder), then you obviously can't use that, you may put it
> into the application specific folder (don't know the exact path for
> Mac, something like /Applications/Pd.app/[...]/extra).
>
> Download this file:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pure-data/deken/master/deken-plugin.tcl
>
> Save it to extra, make sure it has the name deken-plugin.tcl.

that didn't woirk, my pd has a pd_deken.tcl file in a tcl folder outside
the extra folder, that's the one that needs to be replaced, so it seems...

but if I replace it by the renamed file from the link you're pointing me,
well, I get no new behaviour.

and what do you mean I "obviously can't use that"? I can't test the
creation of the user specific folder? Then it's pointless :/

As far as I know, the 'remember the last path' feature hasn't been
> implemented yet.

Too bad, I also wanted to test that :/

cheers