[PD] how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 23:55:08 CET 2017

> After putting deken-plugin.tcl into extra/, don't you see a message from
> Deken in the Pd-console when you start Pd?

no, I don't

> I must assume you downloaded deken-plugin.tcl by copy&pasting from browser
> to Microsoft Word and saved it as deken-plugin.tcl.

nope, I downloaded as it is.

So, if I just put in "extra", I get no message, no change in behaviour,
and, like I said, my pd has a pd_deken.tcl file in a tcl folder outside the
extra folder, that's the one that needs to be replaced, so it seems...

So, I just repeated myself, so what does it mean? I'm trying to say that
this file that is there still counts... how do I know? If I delete it, I
get a tcl error saying the file couldn't be found... even if I have that
other one in the extra folder, like you suggested.

Now, if I replace the tcl file I have for the new renamed downloaded file,
like I also said, nothing new happens, it doesn't offer me to install in
the non existing ~Library/Pd folder.

that's all I really have to say :/

cheers