[PD] comport - right outlet outputs only '-1'

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:23:41 CET 2017

Hey Simon

Thanks for your report. Frankly, I didn't test on OS X yet.

On Mon, 2017-03-06 at 15:54 +0100, Simon Iten wrote:
> i downloaded your comport v1.1 for osx and i have a strange problem…
>
> whenever i try to create a comport object with some initial values
> the object box does not create and pd freezes (i have to force quit)

What arguments did you give to [comport]?

> creating a [comport] works…also opening the help patch works.

The help patch uses a [comport 1 9600]. Can you successfully create
this? I'm wondering whether your problem is related to that fact that
you specify arguments  at all or rather if it has a problem with
specifically those values you want to use. What device is it on the
port you specify?

> i had comport v0.0. extended installed before if it matters, but it
> seems deken overwrites the files automagically if the folder name is
> the same…

I _think_ downloading a package always overwrites any previously
installed packages with the same name [1].

Does the same happen with the v0.0-extended version?

Roman

[1] Actually, Deken just extracts the archive over the existing folder,
which means that any files in the destination folder not part of the
archive will remain there. Don't get fooled by the file VERSION.txt
which shows 1.1 after you installed comport v0.0-extended.