[PD] libPD4unity and reading sample arrays

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 13:59:05 CET 2017

continued testing reveals a strange behavior. i have been going between a
test Unity project using libpd4Unity and my main project. if i go to this
test project first and then return to my main project everything works one
time - i get no loading errors. but as soon as i stop the scene playback
and start it again, i get the errors on table loading again. i've tested it
three times and it's strangely consistent. so maybe the table assignments
aren't being purged correctly when i stop playback? that's all i can think.
if it thought it was already assigned it might fail assigning again. just a


On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Scott R. Looney <scottrlooney at gmail.com>

> okay - well that seems to work for my single patch demo. but for some
> reason it doesn't work when loading it into the larger patch. the 'A#'
> references are gone but the tables still aren't found.
> i did a lot of tracking things down as i had about 280 errors in loading
> table objects - turns out the band limited square and saw oscillators read
> from tables and write as well. all tabread~ and tabwrite~ objects result in
> a unique number (likely the $0 designation) as well as the
> suffix'-transition'. but all of them fail with 'no such array' messages.
> in the case of the sample player it comes up with 'no such table' first,
> for each sample, and then 'no such array'. everything is totally flat, no
> subfolders being used. i am using an abstraction for one of the samples -
> the rest are [pd patcher] objects, but all of them appear to have issues.
> any further suggestions?
> best,
> scott
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>> On 2017-03-07 08:45, Scott R. Looney wrote:
>> > the issue seems to be involving audio data arrays and [soundfiler].
>> mainly
>> > it looks like adding a read command creates some kind of error, and i
>> think
>> > it's PD based. might be a bug, but not sure yet.
>> >
>> > the error happens in the attached patch in Unity using libpd4Unity with
>> any
>> > local sound file. maybe the naming is off? regardless here's what
>> prints:
>> >
>> > error: array: couldn't find template pd-_float_array
>> > error: #A: no such object
>> > error: sample: no such table
>> this looks like a problem with using an array directly on the patch (as
>> opposed to using [table]), probably in conjunction with stored samples
>> in the patch (as opposed to reading them with [soundfiler]).
>> i suggest to replace the array with a [table sample] object (since this
>> doesn't allow to to store values in-patch, it should solve both issues),
>> in combination with [soundfiler] to read the actual data (which you seem
>> to do anyhow)
>> fgamsdr
>> IOhannes
>> _______________________________________________
>> Pd-list at lists.iem.at mailing list
>> UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management -> https://lists.puredata.info/li
>> stinfo/pd-list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20170307/29f19356/attachment.html>

More information about the Pd-list mailing list