[PD] pduino/firmata trouble?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:46:30 CET 2017

Hey

On Mit, 2016-11-30 at 12:16 -0600, Rick Snow wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm having trouble getting PD on mac osx 10.11.4 to work with the
> arduino analog inputs.
> I am able to upload firmata via the arduino ide.  I'm also able to
> upload blink and get the expected behavior.
> When loading the arduino pduino examples I am able to get comport to
> connect to arduino but am not able to get any input from the analog
> pins.
>
> Has anyone else had trouble with this recently?  Any advice?

I gave pduino some love and added some features like capability
query/response (what modes are supported by each pin), analog mapping
query/response (which analog pin numbers are mapped to which digital
pin numbers, this differs with firmware versions), pin state query and
response (what mode is a certain pin configured to, what state does it
have).

Maybe you didn't know the correct mapping of the pins? Maybe you didn't
first set the pin to mode 'analog' ('pinMode 18 analog') before turning
on analog reporting by 'analogIns 0 1'?

Anyway, I'd be glad if you could test this version and give some
feedback:
https://github.com/reduzent/pduino
I'm particularly interested to know if documentation is good enough to
trouble shoot such issues.

Do you also have troubles turning analog reporting on when you use the
graphical [arduino-gui] abstraction?

Roman