[PD] defaults interface on 10.8

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 20:08:11 CET 2017

Thanks for the report, katja.
It looks like we can use 'plutil' instead.
Does the manpage for 'plutil' in 10.8 include 'json' as a possible
format for the '-convert' flag?
-Jonathan

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list
>

> <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> Can someone on OSX 10.8 please run the following command:
>>> defaults export /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences -
>
>> Trying this on OSX 10.8.5.
>
> Just to be clear-- did you type the exact command I specified above?  If
> so, what happened?

With the command as you specify, but also with command 'defaults'
without argument, it responds with:

"Command line interface to a user's defaults.
Syntax:
'defaults' [-currrentHost | -host <hostname>] followed by one of the following:
[...]"

Then follows the list with command options (read, read-type, write,
rename, delete, domains, find) and explanations. In other words,
'defaults' without argument or with argument 'export' are not valid
options on this system (10.8.5). Compare the issue described here:

https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil/issues/17

Can you think of another approach to get what you want, that I can
test on 10.8.5?

Katja