[PD] problem compiling pd-0.47-1 on linux

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 19 23:04:41 CET 2017

On 03/19/2017 10:50 PM, Max wrote:
> On 2017년 03월 19일 21:58, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
>> Hi Pd guys,
>>
>> I have a problem compiling pd on ubuntu 16.04.2 linux.
>>
>> "sudo apt-get build-dep puredata" is no longer possible?

is there a "puredata" package for your (deb-based) distribution? if so,
it is still possible.
(basically, your distro builds its canonical (no pun intended) puredata
package using a command similar to yours)

> I can't install
>> the necessary dependencies on puredata.

i can think only of a single reason why this would fail: you have
installed *some other* package, that conflict with one of the
build-dependencies.

On 03/19/2017 10:06 PM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> FYI:
>
> alternatively you can use:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install  libasound2-dev  libjack-jackd2-dev

well, yes and no.
pd has (or could have) more build-dependencies that just those two (and
the libportaudio19-dev that is conflicting on your system).
you just seem to have all of them satisfied otherwise.

> sudo apt-get build-dep puredata
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: Unable to find a source package for puredata
>
> OS: Mint 18.1

for "build-dep" to work you need a "deb-src" line in your apt-sources.

fgmdsar
IOhannes