[PD] [Deken] how to use -objects.txt feature?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:42:48 CET 2017

Hey all

I noticed that Deken is maintaining an object index for libraries that
have been uploaded with a text file containing the list of objects.
cyclone has a working example: search for 'buffer~' and Deken suggests
cyclone.

I have troubles in adding my object list to the index.

I tried the following:
  * Name of the index file: <libraryname>-<libraryversion>-objects.txt
  * Each object on a new line, start with the object name, followed by
    a tab, followed by a short description
  * I put the file into the same directory as my deken package with the
    same name and version
    (<libraryname>-<libraryversion>-(<arch>)-externals.EXT)
  * I uploaded the package:
    deken upload <libraryname>-<libraryversion>-(<arch>)-externals.EXT

I don't see any indication that the -objects.txt file was uploaded and
the objects are not indexed, I get an empty result when searching for
an object of my library.

I'd be happy to get directed to the documentation, if there is any or
appreciate any other help.

Thanks,
Roman