[PD] Fastest way to find lines in text file

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:31:08 CET 2017

Hi,

On 22/03/2017 13:01, Jack wrote:
> I need to find all instances that math to the first row.
> It is not possible with [text search] if i am right.

I think you should outline your use case/problem in more detail. This
should be a good practice when asking for support on the Mailing List.

Example:

1) I have a text file where each line contains a two integers separated
by a space (" ") char - such as (possibly paste a part of the file on
pastebin or similar too).
213214 12313
123223 13213

2) My file is [always/at least/circa/ ...] 2,539,592 lines long

3) My algorithm should find all subsequent lines matching the first line
in the file and return [all line numbers for matches / the total count
of matched lines / ...]

3) I want the algorithm to be [as fast as possible / run in under 1
second / run in under 1ms / ... ]

4) I [want to / do not need to] use Pd Vanilla

5) My patch should run on [All platforms / Windows / OSX / Linux / ...]

6) My patch should run [on potentially any machine / on a Raspberry Pi /
on a 1990s 386 machine / on my digital toaster where I have compiled a
custom version of Pd / ... ]

:)