[PD] Pd / Purr-Data and Ausus Tinkerboard - analog sound card does not show up (alsa)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Wed Mar 22 18:03:15 CET 2017

VLC was set to "automatic". That means it was most likely using Pulse audio
(which is working fine for VLC but not for Pd).
Then I set it to ALSA. In this case I had to use "USB Audio, USB Audio #2" in
order to get any sound output.

In Purr Data or Pd I can set only "USB Audio" but not "USB Audio, USB Audio
#2".
Setting USB Audio to 4 channels results in the error that I mentioned in my
previous mail:

"ALSA: set output channels to 2"

So it looks like it needs to be set to "USB Audio, USB Audio #2" which is a
sub device of "USB Audio" that is neither available in Pd nor in PurrData.
Any idea how to make it available?

I already tried installing Jack and see if I can get to it this way but didn't
succeed because of some installing errors (missing or wrong dependencies?).

Ingo