[PD] Laptop + interface suggestion

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:51:36 CET 2017

Dear list,

I'm looking to buy new laptop and a matching audio interface for daily use
+ audio performance/programming (not video). I would be interested to know
what are the current trends nowadays, and what experiences you have.

My current setup is:
- windows 10 (won't change)
- Lenovo X61s (I'm a bit of a fanboy for ibm/lenovo)
- RME multiface (still with pcmcia card)

I would be looking for a similar setup:
- a robust laptop where to run w10. The less weight the better, even if it
sacrifices some performance.
- which audio interfaces are used nowadays, compared with the multiface?
E.g. with at least 8 analog outlets (I don't need that many inlets), and
also a digital outlet. Also the less weight and size the better - a
half-case size such as the multiface is quite convenient.
- the computer will be used for day-to-day activities: office, notation
(sibelius/finale), and Pd audio programming. No games or too taxing
environments, so some features such as a high-power graphics card or the
latest ssd disk should be necessary.

Best regards,

Joao