[PD] Laptop + interface suggestion

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Thu Mar 23 10:05:42 CET 2017

Hi João,

Am Donnerstag, den 23. März 2017 um 08:51:36 Uhr (+0100) schrieb João
Pais:
> I would be looking for a similar setup:
> - a robust laptop where to run w10. The less weight the better, even if it
> sacrifices some performance.

I'm on a ThinkPad T460s and it's well worth it.

> - which audio interfaces are used nowadays, compared with the multiface?

I'm using this:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box

It's cheap, flexible, superportable, stable and adheres to standards
(USB 2.0 and ADAT) so you can combine it with tons of gear up to
really high end. For concert venues without ADAT consoles I use it in
combination with this (light, decent quality and the size of a
multiface):

http://www.marian.de/en/products/adcon

They're out of production but you still find them fairly cheap on
ebay.

--
Orm