[PD] how does env~ work?

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Thu Mar 23 10:54:22 CET 2017

Am Donnerstag, den 23. März 2017 um 01:34:58 Uhr (-0300) schrieb
Alexandre Torres Porres:
> howdy, help file says "The analysis is "Hanning" (raised cosine) windowed."
>
> how does that work? I tried looking at the code and got no clue...

In the object's new method, the object allocates a buffer ("buf") and
writes the Hanning function with RMS compensation (the two nested
divisions by npoints) into it.

> I assume it's not just passing the input through a hanning window, and one
> way or another,

That's exactly what it does. The Hanning window emphasizes the middle
of the analysis window and by adjusting the hop size in the second
argument of env~ you can fine tune the results.

--
Orm