[PD] [PD-announce] ICMC submission deadline extended!

Richard Dudas d3u7d2a4s at richarddudas.com
Sun Mar 26 06:24:17 CEST 2017

The deadline for submissions for the 2017 ICMC in Shanghai has been extended to March 31st!

I am sure there are a lot of you out there in the Pd community who have fantastic music to submit, and/or interesting projects to write up a papers!

Please feel free to diffuse this information to other computer music mailing lists!

Hoping to see many of you in Shanghai!

-Richard

=============================

Call for Submissions, ICMC/EMW 2017

 The 43rd International Computer Music Conference (ICMC 2017) and 6th Electronic Music Week (EMW) will be held in Shanghai, China, organized by the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. The event will take place from October 16th to 20th.

Conference Theme

Hearing the Self

There is an ancient Chinese saying (by Lao Zi):大音希声,大象无形Dà yīn xī shēng,dà xiàng wú xíng (The best music and  art lay in silence and abstraction)!We think: in silence, we hear the real sound within ourselves.  However, in a modern world of unceasing innovation, we continue to open ourselves to new music and images within and beyond our senses, searching for "the Sound of the Self."

At the ICMC/EMW 2017 in Shanghai, we welcome you and look forward to hearing you in your work about "the Sound of the Self."

-Qiangbin Chen, Chair of ICMC 2017

Under two major categories of open calls - Call for Paper and Call for Music, we offer vast varieties of research topics and creative practices.  We also proudly to feature the open calls for: Special Paper Edition-Mandarin language based music and music technology research paper and The EMW Young Talents Commission Program. Please join us in Shanghai at ICMC/EMW 2017. For submission details, please visit our official website: www.icmc2017.com <http://www.icmc2017.com/>
Important Dates

Submission Deadline March 31, 2017

Acceptance Notification June 16, 2017

Registrations Open June 16, 2017