[PD] [repeat] default value

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 27 15:48:45 CEST 2017

On 2017-03-27 14:54, Peter P. wrote:
> it seems the [repeat object out of zexy has a default value of 2 when no
> argument is supplied. The helpfile does not mention this though. Is 2
> the default? Thank you!

[repeat] used to have no default value, and would just plainly refuse to
instantiate if you forgot to provide the initial number of repetitions
as creation args.
my arguing was, that there is no sane default value.
due to popular demand (iirc) a default value was added, so the object
would instantiate without creation args and the user would be able to
right-click the object for a help.

so my advice would be to not assume any default value and always provide
a creation argument indicating a repetition cound you think sane.

gmars
IOhannes

PS: i'm tempted to issue a (clickable) error message whenver the user
instantiates without arguments.