[PD] oops (did a bad thing in puredata.info)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:21:21 CEST 2017

> another example is the "purr-data" [2] project, which uses github as a

distribution mechanism; albert just created a dummy release that will
> show upfront and which points to github).

I hadn't figured that out at first, but I did notice recently that there
was a dummy release. It's clear now there's no other way to deal with this
page. Anyway, that seems like a nice solution. I'll just try and do that.

you can also mix and match the two. e.g. in Gem (known for it's frequent
> releases) [3], there's traditional releases coexisting with mere
> references to an externally hosted repository.

Yeah, that did not seem possible for me as the last cyclone page wasn't
doing it.

the casual user will be presented with the most up-to-date release on the
> front-page.

Cool, I can just add a new dummy release, I don't care old and obsolete
code/releases are there, and I might even upload more older code. I have
back ups even from alpha54 ;)

you might not be aware of that, but deken (the plugin) works nicely
> with https://puredata.info/downloads/.

I still have no idea how deken works, it'd be nice if I can then edit that
old release so it shows up in deken...

Anyway, I see the cyclone page is up again, can I have edit powers?

and, did you fix that bug?

cheers