[PD] Laptop + interface suggestion

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:49:13 CEST 2017

Hi Joao,

Bit late in on this one but hope you don't mind a delayed response.

I recently gave up my x61s, been fixing-up the main one with 2 spares for
last couple of years but thought 'it's time'.

Bought a 2nd-hand x230 i5 with ips screen, stuffed it with 16gb ram and an
ssd - it's great (the dreaded mid-gig reboot takes about 5s).

Also bought a Startek expresscard to cardbus adaptor so still making use of
the RME mk1 Multiface.
The adaptor and rme pcmcia card (always the soundcards weak link) sticks
out of the side a lot, but my mobile phone (in its case) fits neatly
underneath and supports them fine.

Regards,

Julian