[PD] searching for an object

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 04:43:43 CEST 2017

howdy, if you have the latest vanilla, you can search for externals in
'deken'

just go to "help => find externals" and type in the object

searching for ">~" brings up the latest cyclone (0.3 alpha)

----

now, this only works if someone uploaded the library containing all the
objects.

> [>~] is in cyclone. Some objects from cyclone require to load the
> lib: [declare -stdlib cyclone] or [declare -lib your/path/to/cyclone]

this is accurate, cyclone has it and you need to load the library, but let
me add more information. In the new cyclone, [>~] is part of the cyclone
library, so you need to load the library (putting it in your "path"
preferences also work.

Now, the new cyclone also has alphanumeric aliases that you can load
without loading the library [greaterthan~] is the alias of [>~]

Now, cyclone 0.2 also has [>~], but you'd need to load the 'nettles'
library, we thought it was best to change this as in earlier versions (from
cyclone 0.1) you needed to load the cyclone library for those...

So, when searching for the >~ object in deken, you don't find the cyclone
0.2 version because that object is not listed in the given object list.

Also, the zexy library does have a [>~] object too... but it doesn't show
up when searching for externals because it doesn't have an object list up
in deken, so I assume.

Finally, if you want a vanilla solution, just use

[expr~ $v1 > $v2]

cheers