[PD] [multimodel] inconsistencies in displaying/scaling objects

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 5 22:06:13 CEST 2017

On 04/05/2017 07:32 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> Attached is a zip with the pd patch, models and blend file.

thanks.
for me the example works nicely, as soon as I change the message to
[rescale 0( (after all: you *don't* want to rescale).
i've tested with both Gem-0.93.3 and the latest git (both the OBJ and
ASSIMP3 backends)

with rescale 0:
- the cube stays in the center of the image
- the octaeder ("sphere") moves back and forth along the x-axis

with rescale 1:
- both objects become smaller and larger

this is quite expected:
rescale 1 scales/shifts the model so that its bounding box fits nicely
into a unit bounding box (aka [cube 1]).
since the various models have a bounding box with an oscillating X-size
(because the octaeder moves along that axis), rescaling will (well,)
rescale the the entire model in an oscillating way.

i think the default [rescale 1( is nice for quickly getting a model to
display in sane coordinates. unfortunately any serious work with models
requires a [rescale 0(.
for backwards compat reasons, it is unlikely that the default will change.