[PD] Pd GUI poor performance

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Thu Apr 6 15:45:54 CEST 2017

On 06/04/17 12:27, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> Apart from that there is an external called speedlim (you could also
> build that as an abstraction using vanilla) which might be more
> elegant than using a global metro.

my idea was to have exactly one event which updates all gui-elements,
instead of triggering a gui-update with every event (even if it is
speedlimited). maybe i am wrong, and pd 'quantizes' the screen updates
anyway (i have not studied the pd sourcecode), so that a few gui-redraws
at (more or less) the same time are not worse than one?
and of course i bypassed the gui for the dsp-calculations to use all
incoming events without any limit.