[PD] New deken feature, create system user folder

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:06:12 CEST 2017

> We don't have such a user friendly manager like that with deken (far from
> it)

been saying it before, but in any case, by that, I mean:

1) the folder is not created for you, you have to pre create it (requiring
previous knowledge)
2) you can't navigate to that folder in Pd Vanilla to add it to your
preferences path (and Pd only add paths that you can navigate to). So you
need to create an alias for that invisible folder to your desktop, then use
it to find the path

this is all for mac os, of course

ways around that would be to auto create the folder and change it to a
visible and findable path (like ~/Documents) or redesign pd's interface
(which I feel is unlikelier to expect). But a visible folder in Documents
will always be simpler, cause it's not always the case that you will
download libraries from the library manager (deken). So now that I thought
more about it, even if you redesign Pd's interface, this will still be an
issue for mac users.

cheers