[PD] Deken install path & permissions on Debian

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 22:12:16 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Just to add a little more noise to the ongoing debate...

What's the canonical/most-favoured approach here for Debian (Linux in
general I suppose).

I want my externals in usr/lib/pd/extra but installing via Deken I don't
have permission to install there - tbh so far, I've just installed via
apt-get (thank you IOhannes, the repo's are so blindingly good and the path
is sorted) but I'm sure this situation will come up for others (and for me
imminently).

Now of course I can just dl whatever lib via deken, save it somewhere
within where I do have permissions and cp it to the right place but I'm
lazy at heart - plus for 'how-to's this is a more complex description - how
are others doing it?

Big props to all the devs and contributors for Deken btw, this is so much
better than it's ever been before.

Regards,

Julian