[PD] Deken install path & permissions on Debian

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 11:03:26 CEST 2017

On Don, 2017-04-06 at 21:12 +0100, Julian Brooks wrote:

> Now of course I can just dl whatever lib via deken, save it somewhere
> within where I do have permissions and cp it to the right place but
> I'm lazy at heart - plus for 'how-to's this is a more complex
> description - how are others doing it?

On Linux, the "correct" path (a.k.a the user specific search path) is
~/.local/lib/pd/extra. Just use Deken to download there directly. If
the folder already exists, Deken will suggest it as the first option.
There is no need to copy things around.

NOTE: You still have to create that directory manually. However,
upcoming versions of Pd will include a Deken that automatically creates
that folder if you chose so.

Roman