[PD] .pdrc?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Apr 14 00:56:05 CEST 2017

* zmoelnig at iem.at <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2017-04-13 18:36]:
> On 04/13/2017 10:39 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I find that my Pd does do autopatching despite
> > 	-noautopatch
> > being specified in my ~/.pdrc which makes me wonder if that file is read
> > at all? Or has the name/location of pd's config file changed by now?
> > This is with Pd-0.47.1 ("") compiled for Debian (0.47.1-3) installed via
> > Debian apt.
>
> Pd's config-file on linux is called ~/.pdsettings for about a decade (or
> longer).
Thank you! Feels good to have arrived in this decade.

> iirc, it will fallback to ~/.pdrc, but only if it cannot find a
> ~/.pdsettings.
In my case ~/.pdsettings was empty, hence pd didn't fall back to .pdrc

Does pd write into .pdsettings itself by the way? What if I don't want
that?

> oh, and btw: autopatching is *really* nice (mostly).
Oh absolutely! There is nothing wrong with it. I simply want to spare
me the extra click onto the canvas to de-select the currently created
object before creating a new one.

Thanks again, P