[PD] some GEM questions, shaders anyone ? ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Fri Apr 14 15:09:13 CEST 2017

hi, sorry to bump in again

Peter P. wrote:

> Asking a similar question recently on this list I got told that a lot is
> possible using shaders.

thought so ;-)

See if you have a folder named 10.glsl on your
> OS somewhere that could hold Gem examples for shaders.

that's what i did. unfortunately i can't get any shader-related patch to
work. i tried them all in the 10.glsl folder. always ends up in

[glsl_vertex]: error reading file
[glsl_fragment]: error reading file

in the console.

the graphic-card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, WIN7/64bit.
is it the card that's wrong ?

GEM-related stuff seems to be pretty scattered on the web, those who are
using it at all seem to do so quite privately.

at least i wasn't able to find something like a patch repository or a
dedicated discussion forum that could hopefully explain the GEM world a
little deeper. the help files and tutorials are sparse and a little
dated (however useful to get me starting !)

any further info regarding the use of shaders in GEM is highly appreciated !

happy easter !

oliver